Mrs Rosemary King (Ride)
Miss Melissa Richardson (Conformation)
£40 to the Champion and £30 to the Reserve Champion. (Please note that Maxi cobs are not included in the Championship). The ‘Barratt-Stennett’ Perpetual Challenge Trophy awarded by the late Mr F Barratt-Stennett, and a rosette, given by the British Show Horse Association, for the Champion.
BSHA, Ponies (UK), IDHS (GB), TSR.
Qualifiers: see schedule for rules and regulations
RIHS (BSHA rules)
IDHS (GB) £2,000 Challenge
BSHA National Championship Show
Ponies Association (UK) Ridden Cob Gold Medal Series
Ponies Association (UK) Amateur Riders Cob Type Gold Medal Series
TSR Showing Finals
The BSHA offer a Novice, Young Rider and Amateur rosette in each Open class and a Champion rosette.
5. Lightweight riding cob, mare or gelding, 4 years old and over, exceeding 148cms (14.2hh) but not exceeding 155cms (15.1hh), capable of carrying up to 14 stone.
6. Heavyweight riding cob, mare or gelding, 4 years old or over exceeding 148cms (14.2hh) but not exceeding 155cms (15.1hh), capable of carrying more than 14 stone.
7. Maxi cob, mare or gelding, 4 years old or over, exceeding 155cms (15.1hh). – to be judged as Cobs. Judges must pay particular attention to type (i.e. short legged animals of COB type). To be shown hogged. This class is not included in the Championship.
S1 – Best shod cob competition
£15 to winning farrier and £10 to the reserve.
A competition sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Farriers, for the Best Shod horse in the Cob section, classes 5 to 7. The WCF will award a rosette and an inscribed card to the winner in each class, a plaque to the overall winner and a plaque for the Registered Farrier responsible for its feet and shoeing. The judge will examine each horse before or during the line-up for preliminary judging, taking into consideration:
- a) Condition of the feet,
- b) The making (or preparation) and fitting of the shoes,
- c) Nailing and position of clips.
Please state on the entry form the name and address of your farrier.