Grand Arena Classes
GRAND ARENA CLASSES
CHAIRMAN OF JUDGES: JOANNA GILLESPIE
JUDGES: SARA MOULD AND JANE COOK
COURSE DESIGNER: KELVIN BYWATER
ASSISTANT COURSE BUILDER: TIM PRICE
Affiliations: British Showjumping.
1. Classes will be judged in accordance with the rules of British Show jumping. All horses entered in classes 50, 51 and 52 must be owned by members of British Showjumping, registered with British Showjumping and ridden by members in accordance with rule 79.
2. All 3 classes are drawn order and if a competitor has not presented their self to the collecting ring steward by the time they are due in the arena, they will not be able to compete in that class.
3. Unaccompanied competitors must provide the Show Organiser with a contact telephone number in case of an emergency.
4. Entries limited to 30 and no rider may ride more than two horses.
50. Senior Foxhunter – First Round/ 1.20m Open
To be judged in accordance with Rule 310. Single phase. Speed 350m per minute. Start height of fences 1.20m. Horses may only compete in one section only.
Foxhunter section: For registered horses in Grade C that have not won a total of 700 points – in accordance with Rule 310.6. For all registered horses born on or after 1st January 2013, irrespective of points –in accordance with Rule 310.6. Drawn order.
Open section: For registered horses ridden by Adult, Associate or Junior Members.
First place rosette kindly sponsored by Equitop GLME.
51. National 1.30m Open.
To be judged in accordance with Rule 306. Single phase. Speed 375m per minute. Start height 1.30m. Drawn order. Open to registered horses to be ridden by Adult, Associate and Junior Members. Numbers to qualify: Two double clears to qualify to the final. Double clear qualifications will not be obtained from one round competitions (eg. Table A4 or Table A – 1 round)
The Mappin and Webb Perpetual Challenge Cup awarded to the winner of this class.
52. Area Trial.
To be judged in accordance with Rule 293. Table A9. Speed 375m per minute. Start height 1.50m. For registered horses in Grades A & B to be ridden by Adult, Associate or Junior Members. This competition may not be restricted to invited riders or limited to less than 40 entries. Qualifies for The Queen Elizabeth II Cup at the Longines Royal International Horse Show. Points will be awarded as per Rule 293.5 .Rule 290.15 Pre-Entry Drawn Order
The Crusader Perpetual Challenge Cup to be awarded to the winner of this class.