This show is affiliated to the Donkey Breed Society and classes are judged under DBS rules. The in-hand Champion Donkey at this show automatically qualifies for the relevant Championship at the DBS Annual Supreme Championship Show in August 2020, provided it is owned by a fully paid up member of the DBS. A donkey may win more than one Championship at shows but will qualify only once for the DBS Champion Show. Where the in-hand Champion Donkey has previously qualified, the Reserve Champion Donkey will be deemed the Qualifier. If the reserve champion has also previously qualified, the judge will select another donkey from the in-hand championship line up as the qualifier for the DBS Annual Supreme Championship Show. Adult Championship for those placed 1st and 2nd in classes 61 and 62. Junior Championship for those placed 1st and 2nd in class 65.
The Peppercorn Perpetual Challenge Trophy kindly offered by Mrs Rosemary Clarke, will be presented to the Junior Champion. The Supreme Champion will be awarded The T J Hunt Perpetual Challenge Cup kindly offered by Mrs Ann Hunt. The DBS will present rosettes for best local donkey (please indicate by wearing a white armband), best gelding, best foal and young handler.
60. Best condition and turned out.
A Shield kindly awarded to the winner by John & Rosemary Porter
61. Stallion or gelding, 4 years old and over.
62. Mare, 4 years old or over or broodmares, 5 years old or over, with own foal at foot. (foals to be at least 6 weeks old on Show day)
63. Youngstock, any sex, yearling, two and three years old.
64. Miniature, any sex, any age.
65. Young handler. Handler not to have attained their 16th birthday on Show day.