1kg (2 1/2 lb) local venison stew
3 onions, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 bay leaves
Freshly chopped thyme
750ml (1 1/4 pints) water
8 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons plain flour
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and brown the meat. Add the garlic, onions, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, thyme and water and season well.
- Bring to a simmer,cover and leave for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the venison is tender.
- Stir in the potatoes, parsnips and cook until tender.
- Combine the flour with a little water and add to thicken.
- Serve with chunks of crusty bread and enjoy!